It’s time to put away your straw handbag and your sandals. Summer is over (thank god!) and your look is boring and tired. Ok, temperatures aren’t exactly “Autumn like”, but it looks like it’s getting colder, because the days are getting shorter, it rains more often (making impossible to wear sandals anyway), and, aren’t you just sooo fed up with the same clothes you have been wearing for months?? I certainly am.
The answer to this transitional moment, where winter clothes are just too much and summer ones won’t do anymore, is mainly accessories.
- Handbag: change it to something more seasonal, like this
I love the colour and the classic shape. Here
- Shoes: what about the backless footwear which is so trendy now? Even better, the babouche type, which, in case of rain, you can actually pull up at the back?!
Here Of course you MUST have a pair of loafers too, I chose the mid-heeled kind: Here
- Wear denim: it just goes with everything and it’s a great fabric for mid-seasons (if you think about it, it keeps you too hot during summer and too cold in the winter, NOW is the season for it). If you want to have the latest trend, buy yourself a pair of embroidered jeans or make your own buying the application you like to add to your “boring” pair.
Something tasteful, not those tacky pairs full of multi-coloured patches please!
- Wear a silk scarf: always a great addition to a classic look or a jeans look. I would invest in this purchase, perhaps going for a second-hand, or, how they like to call it now, an “already owned” one. Here’s a glorious Gucci one
- Shirts, shirts and more shirts: this is their moment of glory. Go for the still trendy pussy-bow blouse or the white shirt but with frills! (not to be worn with the embroidered jeans but with a pair of dark blue classic)
or this gorgeous silk one
or this one
Do have a look at the ME + EM shirt/blouses, there are some really nice styles!